There are numerous proven benefits to off site manufacturing, attributed partly to working in a dry, organised, quality controlled
Product quality is assured, cost is known and waste is minimised. Most importantly however, is the focus we can give to the
health and safety of the entire project team.
A fully integrated team in one place, helps to coordinate and speed up the process of design and manufacture. The result
is a factory made, fully-tested unit, saving installation time and reducing costs for skilled labour on-site.
Prefabrication has many advantages:
- CIBSE estimate that on average a
13.4% cost saving can be achieved when prefabricating compared to conventional on-site builds
- Installation time can be reduced by up to 64% compared with on site construction (CIBSE)
- Reduces risk for all stakeholders as everything is quality controlled, factory assembled and pre-tested prior to arriving
on site, ready for installation and commissioning
- Offers greater quality control, accuracy and efficiency as everything is manufactured in a controlled environment
- Can dramatically reduce material waste
- Health and safety is improved due to the reduced activity on site and associated hot work
- Installation is simpler reducing the need for specialists on site – especially important due to current labour and skills
shortages within the construction industry